Saturday, April 17, 2010

Filed under "Random"...

Alright... 

You guys know I rarely rant but...

I was totally confused yesterday while trying to fill out my portion of that crazy Census!


Question # 5 I totally get. 

But what about # 6!
 
There's no box for me!

What's my race?

My dad is from Mexico.  My mom is from here...

So where do I fall?

I really honestly wasn't sure what to put.  

And it wasn't just me!

Lot's of others were confused about it.

Bill Handel (from KFI) was saying he was triple confused cause, he was born somewhere in South America. 

But he became a US citizen.  But he's like Jewish.

So he was like totally confused!

Honestly, I know it's not a big deal.

It's just kinda odd. 

I find these things super interesting now that I'm super interested in Identity Politics in Art Theory with artists like Adrian Piper and Felix Gonzalez-Torre in mind.

What's my box?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment